Reinstatement of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment Badge, originally carved into the chalk hillside in 1916.
The contract included:
- The works involved re-cutting the badge detail on a 35° hillside, excavating unsuitable material, placing 530m² of geocell reinforcement and importing and placing of 100t of new chalk.
A challenging project, requiring a specialist “Menzi Muck” walking excavator to work on a 35° incline and requiring careful consideration as to getting material to and from the work site.
All works undertaken in accordance with consents from Natural England, and the land owners.